Beauty is a concept.
That I know much about.
In my nine months of life.
Harshilya's little world is a little ode to beauty!
Mamma's and Pappa's voice is what Harshilya remembers from before. Before I was born. They called out to me and said they were waiting for me to be born into their family.
Need I tell you there is nothing more beautiful than being wanted ? Harshilya was happy in that beautiful feeling. Harshilya wanted nothing more than to be wanted.
The love on my Pappa's face when he first beheld me : was achingly beautiful.
The knowledge that Mamma will carry the sound of my first cry in her heart for the rest of her life : is beautiful.
The two grand mothers and the two grand fathers made me feel like a prince. They were always fighting over who would hold me more.
And when I had to come home with Mamma and Pappa leaving them all, their tears were like dew drops in the early morning of Harshilya's heart.

Harshilya loves play. Plays so much that Mamma gets tired. She doesn't mind. When I get tired but cant stop playing...you cannot understand that feeling unless you are just an itty bitty baby...Mamma just scoops me up in her arms. And puts me to sleep. Mamma says my hands move in sleep as if I were still playing.
When Mamma asked me what is real beauty, I had no answer. All beauty is real. In the park, there are pretty girls with curly hair and blue eyes. There are dirty boys with hazel eyes who play in the sand and water. There are grandmas with wrinkled skin and toothy smiles (Harshilya is still toothless). There are helpers who run faster than the grandmas when their little charges might fall off the swing. All are beautiful. Harshilya sits in the sand and looks at them all and wonders. When you look at a person and see their face, the way they move, the things they do and the things they think, is there a person not really beautiful ?
But Harshilya is not one for long thoughts. In a moment I come down to earth and grab the sand toys knowing well that my friend will protest but then give up anyways.
You see, Harshilya's toothless smiles are also effective.
At night, before going to sleep finally, Harshilya thought again. And realized that there are things that are more beautiful than others. Like the sound of Mamma's laughter when we swing really really high in the twilight as Pappa comes with scolding eyes to bring us back home.
If you like this post please share with your friends on Facebook Like. Please promote this blog on @ IndiBlogger PromoteThat I know much about.
In my nine months of life.
Harshilya's little world is a little ode to beauty!
Mamma's and Pappa's voice is what Harshilya remembers from before. Before I was born. They called out to me and said they were waiting for me to be born into their family.
Need I tell you there is nothing more beautiful than being wanted ? Harshilya was happy in that beautiful feeling. Harshilya wanted nothing more than to be wanted.
The love on my Pappa's face when he first beheld me : was achingly beautiful.
The knowledge that Mamma will carry the sound of my first cry in her heart for the rest of her life : is beautiful.
And when I had to come home with Mamma and Pappa leaving them all, their tears were like dew drops in the early morning of Harshilya's heart.
Harshilya loves play. Plays so much that Mamma gets tired. She doesn't mind. When I get tired but cant stop playing...you cannot understand that feeling unless you are just an itty bitty baby...Mamma just scoops me up in her arms. And puts me to sleep. Mamma says my hands move in sleep as if I were still playing.
But Harshilya is not one for long thoughts. In a moment I come down to earth and grab the sand toys knowing well that my friend will protest but then give up anyways.
You see, Harshilya's toothless smiles are also effective.
At night, before going to sleep finally, Harshilya thought again. And realized that there are things that are more beautiful than others. Like the sound of Mamma's laughter when we swing really really high in the twilight as Pappa comes with scolding eyes to bring us back home.PS - This article is a part of the IndiBlogger and Yahoo! India - Dove contest "What does real beauty mean to you?" Do check this link out to know more - http://realbeauty.yahoo.com/

I have posted this story under the topic "What does Real Beauty mean to you?" for Yahoo! Real Beauty.
ReplyDeleteTo read other entries, click http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=36.
Very Beautiful...There can be no other real beauty than the beauty in the innocence of children! Very well expressed, a post written directly from the heart...
ReplyDeletePS - Just a note that you need to include the link of Yahoo Dove campaign in your post that you can find in the link that you have given in the above comment. Do correct that... Good Luck to you :)
Wonderful write up - heartfelt, simple and touching. Thanks for sharing and all the best for the competition. :)
ReplyDeleteBest of Luck Dear !!!! It is a feeling from your Heart
ReplyDelete-- GM
beautiful..
ReplyDeletesindhu